Eno Publishers 978-0-9832475-3-1
An anthology of Durham writers writing about their hometown, 27 Views of Durham creates a literary montage of the Bull City. In essays, poems, short stories, and anthem, the collection creates a sense of place, present and past. Contributors include Ariel Dorfman, Jim Wise, Barry Yeoman, Pierce Freelon, Pam Spaulding, Clyde Edgerton, poet James Applewhite, historian Jean Bradley Anderson, song writer Rebecca Newton, with an introduction by Steve Schewel. This is the latest book in Eno Publishers’s 27 Views series that includes local anthologies of North Carolina towns: Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, and Asheville.
Copyright Shakedown: The Rise and Fall of Righthaven
Pam Spaulding, Michelangelo Signorile.In Media Authorship, Edited by Cynthia Chris, David A. Gerstner.
December 12, 2012
* What constitutes “media” and “authorship” in a technologically converged, globally conglomerated, multiplatform environment for the production and distribution of content?
* What can we learn from cinematic and literary models of authorship—and critiques of those models—with regard to authorship not only in television and recorded music, but also interactive media such as videogames and the Internet?
* How do we conceive of authorship through practices in which users generate content collaboratively or via appropriation?
The Durham News
I was the first out lesbian to have a regular column in a North Carolina regional newspaper.
Guest blogging and writing
- Salon: Glenn Greenwald's Unclaimed Territory, (August 1, 2009). Guest blogging."The cultural third rails of race and sexuality," What if your health insurance company says no?," "Chris Rock takes on black hair."
- Salon: Glenn Greenwald's Unclaimed Territory, (October 22-26, 2007). Guest blogging. [10/22 | 10/23 | 10/24 | 10/25 | 10/26]
- AMERICAblog, (July-September 2007). Guest blogging. [Link]
- Out in Asheville, "Former President Gerald Ford Dies," (January, 2007). Print feature. [Link]
- Firedoglake, "Late Night FDL: Educating Wolfie" (April 4, 2006). Guest blogging. [Link]
- The Rude Pundit, "It's all about the sex" (August 4, 2006) Guest blogging. [Link]
- The Independent Weekly, "My how things have changed since Stonewall," (June 21, 2006). Print feature. [Link]
- Facing South, blog of the Institute of Southern Studies. Guest blogging (March 31, 2006). [Link]
- And They Cook, Too, a fundraiser for Doctors Without Borders (Lulu Press). Contributor. [Link]