- 3,631: The official death toll, according to the Philippines National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.
- 12,487: The number of people wounded.
- At least 1,179: The number of people missing after the typhoon.
- 9 million: The number of people affected by the storm.
- 44: The number of provinces impacted by the typhoon.
- 55: How many cities in the Philippines are affected by the tragedy.
- 536: The number of municipalities in the Philippines facing destruction.
- Nearly 2 million: The number of people displaced after the typhoon and in need of food.
With those stark numbers, Arnel Pineda, the current lead singer of my favorite band Journey, and a native of the country, along with this bandmates are donating $350,000 to the World Food Programme (donate here: "Don't Stop Believin' in the Philippines").
CNN just released the video of Anderson's interview with Arnel and the status of the relief effort so far.